Re: Re^2: Debian Weekly News - August 10th, 1999

mbudde@sms.antar.com (Marco Budde) writes:

> Am 13.08.99 schrieb ruud # ruud.org ...
>
> RdR> Excuse me, but I think attitudes like this are severely damaging for
> RdR> the Project.
>
> You#re kidding?

No, I am most definitely not kidding.

> Why shouldn#t tools like debmake, dhelp, doc-base don#t
> support the FHS and the latest policy?

Because the Project Leader has asked us to not adopt FHS until the
Technical Committee has decided on a proper upgrade strategy.

> RdR>  I now suddenly understand why someone resigned recently.
>
> Yeah, I understand it too: we are working as slow as as authority :(.
> We have decided to use the FHS. So we have to change all packages till the
> freeze.

Yes, I agree that Debian has become too bureaucratic.  However, since
the Technical Committee will hopefully decide on this issue soon, is
it really too much to ask to wait with implementing this part of
policy pending their decision?

	- Ruud de Rooij.
--
ruud de rooij | ruud@ruud.org | http://ruud.org