Re: I'd like to coordinate a major update of stable

On Wed, Aug 11, 1999 at 08:42:40AM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> The idea is to update more than just the usual security updates, but avoid
> any new code that hasn't been tested for 2 to 4 months already. So this
> release would include X 3.3.3, kernel 2.2.x (where x is probably 7 with
> security patches), security updates, possibly updated pcmcia drivers, and
> possibly more (the idea of an updated apt has been bandied about).

If I can get official .debs of XFree86 3.3.4 out by the end of the month,
would you consider including it in this update instead of 3.3.3.1?

A lot of folks, including XFree86, were unhappy with us for releasing
3.3.2.3 in March when 3.3.3 and 3.3.3.1 had already been released.

Sorry to ask for an exception to the rule about "tested for 2 to 4 months
already", but I have yet to hear of any problems with the upstream version.
Doogie's and my 0.0 test build also appears to work fine for i386 systems
(it's already seen about 3 weeks of testing), but won't compile for m68k.

--
G. Branden Robinson              |    Convictions are more dangerous enemies
Debian GNU/Linux                 |    of truth than lies.