Re: Release critical bugs...

* "Torsten" == Torsten Landschoff <t.landschoff@gmx.net> wrote:

>> Package: gnome-panel (main).
>> Maintainer: Steve Haslam <araqnid@debian.org>

>> 40478 gnome-panel: assertion failed (name_service!=CORBA_OBJECT_NIL) with
>> the first launch

Torsten> [HELP] How is this supposed to work?

Starting the panel should cause orbit to start the
gnome-name-server. Then the panel can use it and finish startup.

It looks like the gnome-name-server is started (this is why starting
the panel a second time succeeds), but the panel doesn't wait for it
to finish its startup or such. This error happens to all programms
needing the gnome-name-server (like gmc). So this rather seems like a
bug in orbit or such. See #39712.

But this is only from observing the behaviour and appliying some
logic. I don't know C, so I can't verify anything.

Ciao,
	Martin