Re: imagemagick and imagemagick-nonfree issue

Andreas Tille wrote:
> In my opinion all things which have a common upstream source
> should build based on a common base.  I have no overview about
> the situation of other packages but I think there should be a
> policy for such cases which avoids doubling upstream sources
> in the source tree, which could lead to such strange problems.

Not if the binary packages have to be split between main and non-free.
Source for non-free binaries must itself be non-free, so it can't go
in main.  Binary packages in main must have source in main, so it can't
go in non-free.  The source has to be split.

Richard Braakman