Re: how to make Debian less fragile (long and philosophical)

On Fri, 20 Aug 1999, Justin Wells wrote:

> Michael Stone posted a good reason why ssh relies on your shell
> to execute commands: in case you have assigned a user a restrictive
> shell. So I would tend to view the reliance of sshd on your shell
> as something other than a bug.

I never felt that ssh was necessarily acting incorrectly (although the
documentation might want to state this stuff). I was really just focusing
on the question "If my remote Debian box lost its libc, what could I do to
recover it remotely?"  Pure practicality, here.