Re: itp: static bins / resolving static debian issues

On Thu, Aug 19, 1999 at 03:51:56AM -0400, Justin Wells wrote:
> > default or non-default is not the point - the existence of an
> > optional static bins package is sufficient. those who want it can
> > have it, those who don't can ignore it.
>
> Yes it is the point. I claim that most people won't know they want it
> until their system fails, at which point they have no choice.

this really shouldn't need to be said. but, alas, it seems that you
require a subtlety setting of "sledgehammer":

tough. be satisfied with what you've got and don't push your luck. your
argumentative style has already pissed off enough people.

nobody has any major objection to giving you what you want as an
optional extra. a lot of people object to having YOUR way of doing
things rammed down their throat whether they like it or not.

> There has to be a way for root to get a shell going when the dynamics
> have failed, or else there is absolutely no point in installing sash.
> You probably also need a static su and sulogin.

a 'sashroot' login with uid 0 will do the job.

craig

--
craig sanders