Re: itp: static bins / resolving static debian issues

Oops, you're right, and I knew that. Someone else said that, and it
must have infected my brain.

Of course you can have whatever you like as roots shell.

I think either having sash as roots shell, or having a static ash with
sash available somewhere would be reasonable. The attraction of ash is
that it's a Bourne shell, so old-time Unix users may be more comfortable
with that when they connect with root. Obviously the advantage of sash is
it has all those tools built in.

I really think it doesn't matter what roots shell is, providing there is
a way to get on as root, or become root, at the times when you need the
static stuff.

Justin