Re: NO! (Was: Re: Corel/Debian Linux Installer)

On Aug 16, Jonathan Walther <krooger@debian.org> wrote:

 >/    -- 60M is traditional.  To be safe, 128M, drives are big enough.
In my experience a 30 MB root is big enough and has space for growth.
I did use only 15 MB of it.

 >swap -- double your ram.  I just give it 128M no matter what.
This is stupid, most users will not need more than 10 or 20 MB.

 >/var -- 128M.  If you run INN, it should have its own separate partition.
Again, for workstations this is too big.

 >/home is a symlink to /usr/home
So you won't be able to mount it read only? Not nice.
If you have space problems use quotas.

--
ciao,
Marco