Re: Corel/Debian Linux Installer

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, Nick Cabatoff wrote:

> On Aug 16, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> > No, it isn't. There isn't a single good reason to partition a disk into
> > little chunks on a end-user workstation - and these days there are some
> > valid but generally not very important reasons to do it on a server.
>
> Here's a few:

I suppose I should have said 'single user' workstation (or maybe centrally
administered), but all your reasons are basically space management and you
have well defined restrictions on each partition type - it is unresonable
to expect this to be the default behavior, or for an average joe to even
care if a few logs get truncated..

Jason