Re: I'd like to coordinate a major update of stable

On Wed, Aug 11, 1999 at 08:42:40 -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> Wichert, Darren Benham, Joseph Carter, Johnnie Ingham and myself were
> talking two days ago at dinner and we all agreed it would be a good thing
> if we could make a major new release of stable before potato is frozen.
> This might even be called debian 2.2 and potato would then be 2.3 or 3.0.

Please comment on whether you see this as a one-off as potato is taking so
long, or as an experiment to see if a "stable-current" distribution
alongside stable and unstable is desirable and maintainable.

> We continued talking about this and had an idea about the /usr/share/doc
> transition.

Sounds great.

Ray
--
UNFAIR  Term applied to advantages enjoyed by other people which we tried
to cheat them out of and didn't manage. See also DISHONESTY, SNEAKY,