Re: Release critical bugs...

Torsten Landschoff wrote:
> I am just going through the list of release critical bugs. Here is what I
> found out:

I've added many of these comments to the bugscan report.

> > Package: bbdb (main).
> > Maintainer: Frederic Lepied <Lepied@debian.org>
> >   40379 bbdb doesn't compile for xemacs21
> > [STRATEGY] Maintainer will fix these in 3 weeks; but NMUs are possible.
> [MEDIUM] Seems to be a problem with a missing path. BTW - when will
> Karl M. Hegbloom be accepted as a maintainer?

As far as I know he already is.  He even maintains 9 packages.

> > Package: communicator-smotif-461 (non-free).
> > Maintainer: Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org>
> > [REMOVE] This package can be removed if it is not fixed.
> >   42259 [TBF] If you open a menu and a cookie pops up, the browser hangs
> Remove communicator? *arg* Anyway, there is not much we can do about it :(
> Anyone contacted Netscape about this?

Well, there are other versions of communicator.  We all know Netscape
crashes a lot, but if this bug is release-critical then this version
must be pretty bad.

> > Package: kernel-image-2.0.36 (main).
> > Maintainer: Herbert Xu <herbert@debian.org>
> >   34328 Slink w. kernel 2.0.36 hangs during Adaptec 2940 init
> >   39200 Hang on boot: after Adaptec 294x "412 instructions downloaded"  (bug
> >   #34348?)
> Hey, shouldn't we have kernel-image-2.0.37 instead?

Hmm, it may be better to remove all 2.0.x kernels.  We'll base potato
on 2.2 after all.

> > Package: kernel-image-2.2.1 (main).
> > Maintainer: Johnie Ingram <johnie@debian.org>
> > [REMOVE] This package should be removed before release.
> >   36230 Compiler failure
> > [FIX] Fixed in kernel >= 2.2.5
> Why not remove it now? Who needs kernel 2.2.1?

The same people who need 2.0.36? :-)

Richard Braakman