Re: Problems building rc for powerpc

At 15:50 -0400 1999-08-14, Dale Scheetz wrote:
On Sat, 14 Aug 1999, Hartmut Koptein wrote:

> A recent problem with va_copy was repaired by using __va_copy instead, but
> I failed to upgrade the configure script, and since there is neither
> va_copy or __va_copy on the powerpc, rc will fail to build there.

__va_copy is available on powerpc.

My appologies for relying on my memory ;-)

It is the m68k port that has no va_copy, or __va_copy in their libc. It
isn't clear to me just why this is, but this is all based on bug report
#41930.

va_copy and __va_copy are macros provided by the compiler, not libc.
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                    Debian GNU/Linux Developer
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                 <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>